Our family therapy program was developed to help the loved ones of our clients navigate this often confusing and tumultuous time. Addiction is a complex and far-reaching disease, and it affects everyone involved – not just the sufferer. The functionality of the family unit is completely thrown out of whack, and in order for functionality to be restored the family unit must heal individually and simultaneously. We offer regular family therapy sessions, during which family members learn to communicate with one another in a healthy and effective manner. Client success is also much higher when his or her loved ones are directly involved in the treatment process.
Group therapy sessions are held on a daily basis and conducted by one of our licensed therapists. There are many benefits to group therapy, including:
- The ability to work through issues that might arise with other clients in a safe and supportive setting, which leads to improved conflict resolution skills
- The open discussion of pertinent recovery-related topics
- The further development of healthy coping mechanisms, crucial life skills and relapse prevention skills, all which will be utilized outside of inpatient treatment
- The ability to offer peer support and advice and receive encouragement, which will help to further hone healthy communication skills
- The open discussion of underlying causes of addiction in a supportive and gender-specific setting
Group therapy sessions begin in medical detox, and continue through inpatient treatment and intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) or outpatient (OP). Group therapy is a vital part of our overall continuum of clinical care.
Case managers play a vital role in the overall addiction recovery process. Early recovery can be an overwhelming time for clients and their families. Our case managers work closely alongside clients, acting as a mentor and a guide. While case managers do not provide any clinical care themselves, they walk clients through our continuum of care ensuring that as much as possible is being taken away from the recovery process.
At Pine Tree Recovery Center, our case management services are highly individualized. Upon admission every client will be assigned to a case manager, who helps develop the initial treatment plan and closely monitors the client to ensure that treatment goals are being consistently met. The case manager will also serve as the main point of contact for the loved ones of the client, keeping them informed of all roadblocks and all progress.