How to Verify Your Treatment Coverage With MaineCare Medicaid Insurance
If you are interested in learning more about our treatment program or if you would like to verify your treatment coverage with MaineCare insurance, the best way to do so is by contacting our Admissions Office directly. As soon as you do, you will be connected with someone who can conduct a free, no obligation health insurance benefit check, quickly and easily verifying your coverage. We can be reached at the telephone number listed at the top, right side of this page, or directly through our website. We look forward to speaking with you soon and helping you get started on your personal journey of addiction recovery.
What Is the Treatment Admissions Process When Paying WIth MaineCare Medicaid Insurance?
If you are currently living in Maine and you are interested in seeking treatment for a substance use disorder, it is a good idea to verify your treatment coverage with MaineCare Medicaid insurance before making any definitive decisions.
Steps to utilizing MaineCare for substance use disorder treatment:
- Step 1 — Apply for MaineCare online through My Maine Connection or visit a district office and apply in person.
- Step 2 — Once you have been approved for MaineCare, contact Pine Tree Recovery Center with your information on hand.
- Step 3 — Ask a Treatment Advisor to conduct a free, no obligation health insurance benefit check to confirm which of our provided services are covered.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Is the Difference Between MaineCare & Medicaid?
MaineCare is the State of Maine’s Medicaid program. MaineCare provides low-cost health insurance options to those who might not be able to afford private insurance plans. If you have low income or you have a lack of other resources available to you, you might be eligible for MaineCare. Contact us today to learn more.
What Is the Income Limit for MaineCare in Maine?
The MaineCare income limit is as follows:
- Households of 1 — $29,160 or less.
- Households of 2 — $39,440 or less.
- Households of 3 — $49,720 or less.
- Households of 4 — $60,000 or less.
The full table of MaineCare income limit and eligibility can be found on the MaineCare website.
How Is MaineCare Eligibility Determined?
To be eligible for MaineCare you must be a resident of Maine and meet the following criteria:
- “You must be either 18 years of age and under or a primary caregiver with a child(ren) 18 years of age and under, and
- A U.S. Citizen, National, or a Non-Citizen legally admitted into the U.S, and
- Uninsured (and ineligible for Medicaid).”
Does MaineCare Cover Detox, Rehab, & Addiction Treatment?
MaineCare does cover medical detox, inpatient rehab, and additional addiction treatment services like IOP. However, many privately funded detox and rehabilitation centers in the Portland area do not accept Medicaid, working exclusively with privately funded insurance companies. Because Pine Tree Recovery Center is dedicated to making quality clinical care available to those in need regardless of socioeconomic status, we do accept MaineCare.
Contact us today to learn more.
Does MaineCare Pay for Mental Health or Behavioral Health Services?
Yes, MaineCare covers a range of behavioral healthcare services provided by a network of specific facilities throughout the state. MaineCare covers:
- Doctor visits.
- Prescription medications.
- Emergency services.
- Substance use disorder treatment.
Because Pine Tree Recovery Center is in-network with MaineCare, those who are currently covered will have access to some or all of the treatment services we provide.